The main activities of the design office:
- Development of a technical proposal, avan-project and architectural and artistic project of the vessel;
- Research and development (R & D) in the field of shipbuilding;
- Development of a draft design of the vessel (DD);
Development of the technical design of the vessel (TD);
- Development of vessel design documentation in construction (CPAP);
- Development of working design documentation (WDD), including planning and technological documentation (PTD), acceptance documentation (DED) and operational documentation (ES);
- Selection and expert services for procurement and selection of component equipment and materials;
- Preparation of technical specifications, technical specifications and contracts for the supply of component equipment and materials;
- Conducting inclinations / weighing experiments and author supervision during the construction of ships..
- Perspective development of concept – projects of vessels of various purposes.
The specialized software products - AutoCAD, SeaSolution, SeaSolid, SeaHydro is used in the everyday work of the design bureau.
As of December 2018, the following vessels have been built or are in the process of construction according to full-set or working projects of the design bureau of PJSC "YSP":
- Marine rescue boat-booms putter of the project A40-2B-YAR for FBU “Morspasluzhba Rosmorrechflot” – 6 units;
- Offshore raid diving boat of the project А160-ЯР for FBU “Marine Rescue Service of Rosmorrechflot” – 1 unit;
- River small multi-purpose boat of project 03220 for JSC Rybinsk Shipyard – 2 units;
- River rescue boat-booms putter of the project A40-2B-YAR-2 for Transneft Kama Region JSC – 2 units;
- River surveying vesselof project 3330 for PKU Rechvodput – 3 units..
In addition to the current production work under the concluded contracts, prospective studies of vessels of various purposes are being conducted.